English
Book online
Cudos - église3
Cudos - église1
Cudos - église4
Cudos - église
Cudos - église2
Cudos - église3
Cudos - église1
Cudos - église4
Cudos - église
Cudos - église2

Saint-Jean de Cudos church to Cudos

The church was built on the initiative of Jeanne de Got, to replace the primitive church built in Conques, which was too small. The building, fortified as evidenced by the base of the bell tower, was altered several times. In the 17th century, two aisles were added, separated from the nave by semi-circular arches resting on octagonal pillars. The porch was then modified: the Gothic door was retained in the centre and two side portals were built in the Renaissance style. In the mid-19th century, improvements were made to the church and it was decided to add a bell tower. Construction began in 1859, financed entirely by a local collection. The church is listed in the Supplementary Inventory of Historic Monuments.