English
Book online
Saint Michel de Castelnau - église (1)
Saint Michel de Castelnau - église (2)
Saint Michel de Castelnau - église (3)
Saint Michel de Castelnau - église (1)
Saint Michel de Castelnau - église (2)
Saint Michel de Castelnau - église (3)

Eglise de Saint-Michel de Castelnau to Saint-michel-de-castelnau

The church is thought to have existed since Roman times, but was almost entirely rebuilt in 1868. The lower part of the facade retains some old features, including the 16th-century portal. The simple nave, ending in a semi-circular chevet to the east (described by Léo Drouyn during his visit in April 1866), has been replaced by a cross-shaped building with a well-defined transept and a polygonal chevet. The nave, which is not very well lit, has a panelled ceiling. Its painted walls imitate a regular medium bond. The capitals of the choir have interesting polychrome decoration.

  • Accessible to people with reduced mobility