English
Book online
Eglise d'Aubiac - Verdelais

Church of Saint-Maurice d’Aubiac to Verdelais

11th and 12th centuries. The parish church was transferred from Saint-Maurice d’Aubiac to Notre-Dame de Verdelais in the aftermath of the French Revolution, mainly due to flooding. However, the port of La Garonnelle continued to be influenced by the pilgrims who arrived by boat throughout the 19th century. Sold in 1835, the church of Saint-Maurice was converted into a stable, before its sculpted decoration was transferred to the United States. Now carefully restored in its entirety by its owners, it is an example of a sober and moving early Romanesque building.